The Natural Health Inspector Project
This site is a toolbox of natural health practices, cures, and treatments that can fit any lifestyle.
We find and talk about ideas that make our minds, bodies, and spirits, feel and work better. Why??.....because as Franklin Pierce Adams said....."Health is the thing that makes you feel that now is the best time of the year".
It is our mission to learn and share natural living ideas from anywhere in the world that prevent injury and illness, strengthen minds and bodies, contribute to sustainability efforts, and help us enjoy every day.
You'll find it easy to include many of these practices into your life at a time, place, and pace that you choose, and some will require a bit more effort.
The Four Natural Health Practices
Everything we do is based on The 4 Natural Health Practices:
- Strengthening Life Energy
- Putting the right things in the mind and body
- Harmonizing - with others and the environment
- Exercising the mind and body
If you consistently practice one or two of these, you'll be amazed at how positively it can affect your day, and your life.
Since not all things that are said to be "natural" are good for us - as part of this project we will "inspect" and share ideas in four categories:
- One Star - Interesting alternative ideas that have helped some, but may not be for the more traditional mind
- Two Stars - Ideas with a reason to believe - You know, the natural remedies that grandma had in her medicine cabinet, or cures from other cultures. We are going to collect them here
- Three Stars- Ideas with long experience of effectiveness, but not scientifically proven
- Four Stars- where science and historical uses generally agree on its effectiveness - we place the highest value on this category
The Challenge We Face
Sadly, many of us take better care of our cars than we do of our bodies, minds, and souls. Let's look at some common situations:
- Foods filled with preservatives, growth hormones, and sugars that steal people's health.
- Obesity at such a large scale that it seems normal. Two of obesity's kissing cousins: diabetes, and high blood pressure are not far away
- stressful workplaces and lifestyles, causing untold damage to bodies and minds
- A loss of connectedness to spirituality
- Crowds of young people whose main source of exercise is for their thumbs when they are texting, or surfing the web
- Medicine cabinets with all colors and shapes of powerful pills. A "heal through written prescription" mindset, and TV ads that drive people to their doctor's office demanding a prescription to the fixitgood prescription that they saw on TV the night before
If you really see this picture for what it is, you can't help but conclude that it's time for some different solutions - and the Natural health Inspector Project is here to explore practical alternatives that work.
Natural health is really about finding the balance of mental, physical and spiritual ways of life that work for you, without obsessing over it.
This is a good time to stop and lay out some disclaimers:
Because all of us are different, not everything will work for everybody.
Anything you try from information on this site is your responsibility..... OK?? We will provide information and ideas that are intended to bring benefits, but you are then responsible for doing any additional research to make it right for you, including consulting your own trusted professionals, if necessary.
Now that's out of the way, and you are still here - great!
If you are already really into natural health, you just might find some new ideas here. In addition, we plan to give our readers opportunities to share what they know with others.
Check back often as we will be adding articles, interviews, and features.
I hope you find this special project to be interesting and valuable, and decide to share some natural health ideas of your own.
|Natural Health Inspector Blog|
The Natural Health Inspector Blog keeps you posted on the latest information from the 4 elements of natural health practices.
|The Mind Body Soul Connections|
Mind Body Soul connections receive scant attention as we proceed through our busy lives. Its time we started to shift our lifestlye a bit, to include simple powerful ways to achieve perfect health.
|Tai Chi Benefits - Medicine in Motion|
Tai Chi benefits are for everyone. Its a versatile medicine in motion and an effective martial art. This article describes how to make it part of your natural health process.
|Using Food For Health - 10 Great Strategies|
The natural health Inspector's 10 strategies for using food for health discusses ways to change our lifestyle that would reduce or remove the dependancy on our "heal by prescription" system
|Alternative Energy Healing - A Key To Health And Healing|
Alternative energy healing is where science, spirituality, and traditions meet. It can bring to our lives and our environment the positive gifts of deep personal peace, happiness, wellness, and
|Herb Information for A Better Life|
Herb Information used correctly is the way to bring an ancient tradition of enjoyment and healing into our lives
Try creating exercise plans and you’ll find it to be a habit that not only keeps you healthy, but one that you look forward to every day
|Deep breathing Exercises - Turn On Your Inner Power Plant|
Most times, our breathing is on autopilot, and we barely think about it, or how it can jumpstart our health. But practicing deep breathing exercises is the perfect plan for keeping us well. Keep at
|The New Harmony – Planetary Aikido Masters|
These two ideas - sustainability for our environment, and collaboration with others - make up the new harmony of the 21st century, and are best served if we accept a responsibility for our planet. Th
|The Benefits Of Tea Drinking|
The Benefits of tea drinking are at work on both mind and Body. This article is about why Tea drinking belongs in the 4 natural Health Practices
|Old Home Remedies|
"Old Home Remedies" is a fun part of the naturalhealthinspector.com project . Share natural remedies you have discovered with the readers of this site.
|About The Natural Health Inspector|
Natural Health Inspector background - why we built this site
Natural Health Inspector Contact Us Page
|Best Health Apps - Pocket Assistants For 4 Natural Health Practices|
Best health apps come in 3 flavors: iphone, blackberry, and Android. Here's a starter list of natural health apps to check out
|Free Glycemic Index Chart|
A Free Glycemic Index Chart that shows low, moderate, and high index foods. Useful for choosing foods that eliminate the insulin spikes leading to obesity and diabetes
|Natural Health Resources|
Natural Health Resources and Links